About Rocket German Course.
If you are looking for a course that would help you to learn German online, Rocket might be one of the best options for that. In fact, it was recently chosen as a top language learning software by PcMag, which is a good indication that it is a quality course for studying languages online.
It can be said that this course is kind of a mix of Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur, since it offers both audio material and different software’s to learn a new language. The whole teaching method of Rocket is based on a few different success strategies. These include ability to learn German even by having very limited time, learning all areas of a new language (including grammar), providing different tools to keep learners retention rate high, encouraging learners to speak out load and providing features that are useful for boosting motivation to study further. By following Rocket program and its teaching methods, most learners are able to significantly improve their language skills and achieve their overall goals when learning a new language.
What is Included in This Program?
There are a total of 3 levels of Rocket program available for German learners, which consists of 190 lessons. If we would convert that into time, it would be equal to 380 hours of studying material. Part of lessons in Rocket German course comes in a form of audios and they are aimed at teaching learners essential German phrases and vocabulary. They are also interactive, which means that instructor of these lessons will constantly prompt listeners to say different phrases in German. The other part of lessons in Rocket comes in a written form and they are aimed at teaching German grammar, explaining how this language is structured and providing cultural tips about people who speaks this foreign language. By finishing all lessons in Rocket course German learners can expect to achieve advanced conversational level in this foreign language.
Along with the main lessons in Rocket program you will also find a few additional tools that will make your learning experience more dynamic and will help to practice German from different angles. One of the programs included in Rocket course is called Hear it Say it. It is mostly designed to test your knowledge of the material that you have learned in the lessons. While using this tool you will not only enhance your retention on vocabulary, but also tune your ear to German and also improve your pronunciation. The second tool in this program is called Know it. It can be used to see how well you can translate random words or phrases to German, while improving your pronunciation on them. It can be a very useful tool, because it actually makes you think in a target language and remember what you have learned previously. Another feature that can can be found in a Rocket course is called Write it. As the name suggest the main purpose of this tool is to improve learners writing skills. It works by playing you a word or phrase and then you have to write it in the space provided. So it’s a great additional software that is useful for practicing your German writing skills. One more program included in Rocket course is Play it. It works by playing random conversation from previous audio lessons and learners are expected to participate in it. It is a very useful program for practicing German speaking skills and making learners more prepared for real life conversations. Each lesson in Rocket program also has flashcards that are useful for practicing German phrases and words.
In order to keep learners motivated, Rocket also includes a few features for that. One of them is self-rating system, which allows learners to rate themselves after completing a lesson or some material. In accordance to these ratings, the program will provide you with material you need to study so that you would work on areas, which needs the most work. Other tools included are badges and quizzes that are also great for boosting your motivation to study further and improve your language skills.
Along with these different tools there is also a forum dedicated for learners of German. There you can find plenty of tips, additional resources and also you will be able to ask questions. So if you come across any difficulties while learning you will be able to get help there either from tutor of this course or other German learners.
Some other very useful features of Rocket course are that each lesson shows a transcript in both German and English languages so that it would be easier to understand the whole conversation. Also all vocabulary in the dialogues are later highlighted and explained in more detail. These lessons can also be downloaded to your mp3 player or any other device so that you would be able to learn on the go. Since Rocket is an online based course it is also possible to download an app and access all studying material while using different devices.
If you want to get a better understanding of how this course works and if it’s the right studying program for you there is an option to register for 6 days trial lessons. This is completely free and you will only need to provide your name and e-mail address.
What Do Other People Reviews Say?
It can be said that Rocket program has one of the most positive reviews from its users when compared with other German language course online. This can be influenced a lot by the fact that Rocket Languages offers quality & interactive course for its users and also because they offer trial lessons for new learners. Due to this learners can fully test all the features of this course and make sure it’s the right studying tool for them before making any payments. Read a few reviews from actual users of Rocket German program bellow.
If you are interested in reading more reviews of Rocket German, visit the official website here.
Review of the Main Strong and Weak Sides.
- You can test all the features & material included in Rocket German course by registering for free 6 days trial lessons at the official website of this course;
- At the moment there are three levels of Rocket course available for German learners, so learners can achieve more advanced level with this language. If you are already familiar with this particular language you can switch to Premium Plus or even Platinum, which are aimed for more advanced learners;
- Rocket Languages have very positive feedback from its users and German courses are no exception;
- By using Rocket course you can improve all areas of German language – listening, speaking, grammar, writing and reading;
- Rocket teaches essential German vocabulary from the beginning, which makes it a suitable program for travelers who want to learn survival phrases fast;
- Different tools and features in Rocket program like Write it, Hear it Say it, Know it and games are very beneficial for enhancing recall and making your learning experience less monotonic;
- Features like quizzes, badges, ability to rate difficulty of lessons, forum, leader board in Rocket program will boost your motivation to study further and improve your German skills;
- This course provides learners with extensive German culture lessons so you can learn how to act in certain situations while visiting Germany and you will also be able to understand & communicate with native speakers better;
- There is no guessing involved with Rocket program. This is because each audio lesson comes together with transcript in both English and German, so you can understand everything that you are hearing. Also this course includes explanations on grammar and German language structure so that you would be able to progress with confidence;
- You can learn good German pronunciation and accent from Rocket audio lessons since one of the speakers in them is native. Also you can practice your German speaking skills by using Voice Comparison tool, which is included in this program;
- It can be said that Rocket has a very competitive price for the features that it offers ($99.95 for The Premium course). Competitor courses like Pimsleur are similarly priced ($119.95 for each level), although they offer only audio lessons with far less features.
- Since Rocket German is an online based course it requires internet connection in order to access studying material, which can be seen as a downside at times. However audio material in this course can be easily transferred to MP3 player or any other supporting device so learners would be able study German even without internet;
- Due to the fact that Rocket provides quite a lot of explanations in English, shows transcripts of dialogues it might be difficult to immerse into German language fully when using this course;
- If you are interested in physical copy of discs, they are quite expensive (20 CD pack is priced at $299.95 each level). Therefore it’s a better idea to save money and choose only an online version.
Summary of a Review and Pricing.
To conclude this review it can be said that if you are truly interested in learning German, Rocket can be one of the best online programs for that. This is true no matter if you prefer to study visually or audibly, since this course has it all. While the main studying content in this course are interactive audio lessons, Rocket also includes quite a lot of visual studying material (quizzes, written material, different software’s, games and etc.). At the moment there are 3 parts of Rocket available for German, which is the most that Rocket Languages offers for any foreign language. This means that by completing all 3 levels of this program, learners can expect to achieve even advanced level in German.
Some of the best benefits of Rocket are that it teaches all areas of German (including grammar, language structure, culture information and etc.), it provides features and activities that are useful for keeping motivation and retention rate high. Also since Rocket is an online based program, it is possible to study German via this course while using different devices (whenever you have internet access).
While there are many benefits of Rocket German, there are also a few downsides too. Even though studying content in Rocket covers all areas of German, the main focus of this course is to teach learners how to communicate in this foreign language. So if you are learning German for academic reasons you might need supplementary material on German grammar. Also while explanations and repetition is necessary, some learners might find too much English in audio lessons.
Where to Buy Rocket German Courses?
In case you will decide to buy Rocket German, you should know that The Premium edition is priced between $99.95-$149.95 for an online version. This might seem a lot for some learners; however if you would compare that to private tutor or language school it is relatively a small investment.
Two additional levels for German language can be ordered separately too; however it is always best to buy them in combination so that larger discount would be applied. There is also an option to purchase this course in a form of Audio CD’s; however it is way more expensive. Due to this most learners choose only online access to Rocket German courses. If you are still not determined about this course, you should definitely register for 6 days trial lessons and at least try this course.